Lake Oswego Estate Planning Attorneys
Help for Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney & More
Not sure how to plan for the future, especially when considering what happens after you pass away? Don’t stress it another day. Come to Pacific Cascade Legal in Lake Oswego for all the help with estate planning that you need.
Our estate planning attorneys would be happy to discuss your future plans in full detail. Once we understand your goals and the extent of your estate and responsibilities, we can start to work on your estate plan. Call (503) 564-7713 now, put us to work on your estate plan, and feel more confident with what the future hold for you and your loved ones.
On This Page
- Using Every Tool Available
- You Should Make an Estate Plan
- Probate & How to Avoid It
- Time to Think Ahead
An estate plan is built by using various estate planning tools or documents. Each tool serves a different purpose, so you can’t just blindly pick which ones to use for your estate plan. You should always leave those important decisions up to professionals like our Lake Oswego estate planning attorneys.
Different legal tools that could be used in your estate plan include:
- Wills: A will is the foundation for most estate plans. It will help decide how to pass along responsibilities and ownership of different assets when you pass away.
- Trusts: A trust can reassign ownership or management of certain assets before you pass away, which can protect those assets from certain tax and legal complications. When you pass away, the ownership of the assets will be officially transferred to beneficiaries.
- Charitable planning: Do you want to donate some of your assets to charity before or after you pass away? Charitable planning can be used to make that happen. Many people reduce the total value of their estate through charitable donations to avoid frustrating estate taxes.
- Conservatorship and guardianship: Conservatorship is used to decide who will manage your important decisions like financial obligations when you can’t due to incapacitation. Guardianship is used to decide who will take care of your children or dependents when you can’t.
Have you heard that estate plans are only for the elderly? If you have, then please know that it isn’t true. Estate plans can benefit most adults in one way or another if they are made correctly.
You can benefit from an estate plan if:
- Your estate is sizeable or highly valuable.
- You are a senior citizen.
- You have children.
- You own a business.
- You have specific medical needs.
- You own property in multiple states.
More people than not need an estate plan in place but don’t have one. Keep yourself and your family out of future frustrations by getting an estate plan moving today.
Probate is the process of the court reviewing a will to make sure that it is legally sound. Most estate plans will have to go to probate for at least this review before it is approved by the court. When a will and estate plan are made poorly, though, probate can become a headache for the beneficiaries.
If you want to do your loved ones a big favor, you should let us make your will and estate plan with you. By ensuring that your will is made correctly, we can reduce the chances of it getting stuck in complicated probate processes.
Time to Think Ahead – Call Our Firm Now
Let’s work on your estate plan together today. There is never a bad time to plan for the future, so we are always standing by to help the people of Lake Oswego. Our estate planning attorneys would love to sit with you and figure out what needs to be arranged like wills and trusts. With those in place, you and your family will feel much more comfortable in the years to come.
Contact us online to ask about estate planning and the first steps you can take.