Portland Personal Injury Attorneys
Fighting for Your Full Compensation
After you have been seriously injured in an accident, you should immediately start thinking about what you can do to get the compensation you need to recover. For so many people in Portland, the first step is to dial (503) 573-5566 and speak with Pacific Cascade Legal. Our personal injury legal team can help you discover your rights to compensation and create a claim to protect and uphold them, just as we have done for so many people before.
Throughout our many years of practice, our legal team’s capabilities and case results have been repeatedly recognized by professional organizations. For example, some of our attorneys have been selected to different Super Lawyers® lists and carry perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Ratings. When your future well-being is hanging in the balance after a serious accident, you should depend on a team as reputable as ours to set things right.
For a personal injury claim consultation, fill out a contact form now.
Call Us for Help with These Cases & More
You do not need to exhaust yourself searching for a law firm that can work on your personal injury case. Pacific Cascade Legal is proud to say that our team can and has handled a wide variety of cases, claims, and lawsuits for our clients. If you were hurt because someone else was not careful enough, then we are confident that we can help you.
Several case types that we can handle include:
- Bicycle accidents: Injured bicyclists in Portland can come to our firm for compassionate, attentive legal counsel. If your injuries are severe, then you could be owed significant compensation.
- Bus accidents: We have the experience and resources required to file injury claims against different types of buses and bus companies, such as city buses, private buses, school buses, and more.
- Car accidents: Holding a reckless driver accountable for the harm they caused in a crash gets much more difficult the moment the auto insurance company gets involved. Let us stand up to them in your name.
- Pedestrian accidents: The average pedestrian accident results in catastrophic injuries, like brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. We will fight for every cent owed to you by the driver who hit you.
- Construction accidents: If you were in a construction accident, our team can provide top-tier legal representation, whether you were on the jobsite as a worker or a third party like a motorist who was just passing through.
- Medical malpractice: When a medical professional’s mistakes leave you more injured than cured, it might be time to start a medical malpractice claim against the individual practitioner and possibly the medical institution that hired them.
- Motorcycle accidents: Our team is proud to offer our reliable legal counsel to injured motorcyclists in our community. We know that you are not just a “reckless motorcycle rider” as the insurance companies often like to argue.
- Premises liability: You can hold a property owner accountable for your damages and losses if you are hurt on their property and by a hazard that reasonably should not have been there.
- Dog bites: Did you get bitten by someone’s dog? Oregon’s strict liability dog bite law allows you to hold the dog owner liable for your economic damages, even if the dog had never acted aggressively before.
- Slip and fall accidents: Taking a bad tumble on someone else’s property like a neighbor’s house or retail store could allow you to file a slip and fall accident claim against that property owner or manager.
- Truck accidents: We can fight trucking companies and their insurers if you were hurt in a truck accident. Please leave us in charge of everything, so you can focus on your rest and recuperation.
Compensation Available to Injured Claimants
The monetary compensation owed to you after a bad accident will be crucial for your recovery. Without it, you might run out of healthcare insurance options before you get all the treatments you need. Mortgage and rent payments can add up quickly, too, if you cannot go to work because your injury prevents you from leaving the house for a while. We know that you are in a difficult financial situation right now, so our Portland personal injury attorneys will focus on making sure the value of your claim is maximized. We can fight tenaciously for each dollar you need.
Four common types of damages in personal injury claims are:
- Medical costs: We want to make sure you get enough compensation to pay for past and future medical treatments, such as months or years of physical therapy after a catastrophic injury.
- Lost wages: Your income should not be destroyed because of a serious injury. Let’s fight for the lost wages and reduced income capacity you have suffered due to the accident.
- Permanent disabilities: Personal injury claimants with permanent disabilities can seek additional damages related to hardships caused by those disabilities.
- Non-economic damage: Pain, suffering, trauma, and a lessened enjoyment of life can be counted toward the value of your claim thanks to Oregon’s non-economic damage rules.
Take the First Step – Call Now
For many people, the first step in an injury claim is the most difficult because they do not know where to turn for help. Please let our Portland personal injury lawyers stand up for you, in and out of court. By calling (503) 573-5566, you can take that first step and get your case moving with ease. While we work tirelessly to build your claim to be the best it can be, we just want you to rest and take care of yourself, your family, and your work.
See all that our personal injury team can do for you. Contact us now.
Personal Injury FAQ
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Oregon?
Oregon has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims, which begins on the date that the injury occurs, becomes reasonably apparent, or is diagnosed. If you do not start an injury claim within those two years, then you essentially cannot start one later.
Is Oregon a comparative negligence state?
In Oregon, injured parties who are partially liable for their own accidents, injuries, and damages can still demand compensation from another liable party through comparative negligence rules. As long as your liability is less than 51%, your claim is still legally valid.
How do I know if I have a valid personal injury claim?
Most personal injury claims are valid if you can prove that the other party hurt you out of preventable negligence, which means that they did something that a reasonable person would not have done in the same situation. To know for certain if your claim is valid, you should always speak with a personal injury attorney.
How long will my personal injury case take?
The timeline of a personal injury claim varies significantly from one case to the next due to many different factors. It could be months or years before your case concludes. When you hire Pacific Cascade Legal, we will do all that we can to avoid as many obstacles and delays as we can.
What are personal injury attorney contingency fees?
We accept personal injury cases using contingency fee agreements. Under a contingency fee policy, you will not have to pay our attorney fees unless the case ends in your favor, such as a settlement or award.