Portland Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Fighting to Keep Our City Safe for Pedestrians
Pedestrians deserve to walk Portland safely. When a pedestrian accident happens, it is only right to take legal action against the negligent driver, so the injured pedestrian can avoid financial hardships. At Pacific Cascade Legal, we proudly represent injured pedestrians throughout Portland and the surrounding region. If you were hit while walking down the street, get us on your side to see what can be done to set things right.
Request an initial consultation by dialing (503) 573-5566.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can occur in many different situations and due to many kinds of mistakes. Our Portland pedestrian accident lawyers know how to handle and investigate all sorts of crashes. If you were hit by a negligent or reckless driver, then you already know that you can trust your claim or lawsuit to our capable team.
Three locations and types of pedestrian accidents include:
- Crosswalks: Many pedestrian accidents happen in crosswalks, including marked crosswalks and those without any crosswalk signals. If a distracted driver approaches a crosswalk, they can completely ignore the people walking through it, resulting in catastrophic pedestrian injuries.
- Parking lots: The speed limit in most parking lots is set to 10 mph or 15 mph because there is so much pedestrian foot traffic there. Drivers who ignore this speed limit or fail to check mirrors and blind spots when entering and exiting a parking space can hit a pedestrian without warning.
- Sideswipes: Some pedestrian accidents involve a sideswipe. A reckless driver can try to pass too closely to a pedestrian in a parking lot, crosswalk, or the side of the road, brush their car against them, and send them tumbling to the ground.
There is no comparing the weight of a vehicle to a person. The extreme disparity between the two is one of the reasons why pedestrian injuries can be so extreme. The full force of the impact will be imparted on the pedestrian, with very little damage happening to the vehicle in most cases.
At Pacific Cascade Legal, we focus on catastrophic injury claims and lawsuits because such clients need our help more than ever. If you were seriously injured in a pedestrian accident, then you can take some comfort in knowing that we have likely seen cases much like yours.
We can work on cases that involve these pedestrian injuries and more:
- Broken bones: A pedestrian who is struck by a vehicle can suffer multiple broken bones. If the bones don’t heal correctly, then it can result in permanent disabilities, pain, and hardships.
- Spine injuries: A severe impact that throws a pedestrian to the asphalt can result in a spine or spinal cord injury. In the worst-case scenario, a spine injury can cause permanent paralysis.
- Head injuries: A head injury or traumatic brain injury (TBI) caused by a pedestrian accident can create lifelong complications, including memory loss, speech impediments, and so on.
- Permanent scarring: Road rash caused by a pedestrian accident can cause permanent scarring. If the scars are in a highly visible part of the body like the face or arms, then it can affect the victim’s perception of themselves for the rest of their life.
Damages for Pedestrian Injuries
Pedestrian accident cases are often associated with significant financial losses and damages. When you are owed compensation that could reach hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, you shouldn’t risk it with an inexperienced law firm. Trust Pacific Cascade Legal in Portland to work on your case. We have a long history of securing major verdicts and settlements for our clients. It would be our honor to see if we can do the same for you and your case.
We can fight for compensation that helps pay for:
- Medical treatment costs: The worst financial damages in your pedestrian accident case could be related to the medical treatments you have needed and will need in the future. Let’s fight to make sure that 100% of those costs are covered by the liable party.
- Lost wages: If you can’t work due to your injuries, or your future income-earning ability has been limited by a disability or chronic pain, then it is only right for the defendant to provide compensation that makes up for your past and future lost income and wages.
- Pain and suffering: You are allowed to demand non-economic damages if you were injured in a pedestrian accident in Portland, Oregon. For example, you could be owed compensation that relates to your pain and suffering, even though those are not financial losses.
Our attorneys can also help with wrongful death claims filed after someone loses their life in a pedestrian accident. If your loved one has passed away due to the inexcusable actions of a reckless driver, then please let us represent you. With us leading the way, your case can progress while you still focus on grieving and being with your family during this difficult time.
Get Legal Counsel Now – Call Our Firm
You are not just a client at Pacific Cascade Legal, you’re a neighbor in need. Let us lead the way if you were hurt in a pedestrian accident in Portland. We are here to fight for you, just as if we were fighting for ourselves.
Contact us online or dial (503) 573-5566 right now.