Salem, OR Dog Bite Attorneys
Lawsuits for Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
Dog bites can cause serious injuries and emotional trauma, leaving victims with significant medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog in Salem, Oregon, it's important to seek legal representation from an experienced dog bite attorney who can help you recover the compensation you deserve. At Pacific Cascade Legal, we understand the nuances and complications of dog attack lawsuits, like questions of liability. We are dedicated to fighting for justice on your behalf and holding negligent dog owners accountable for their inexcusable inaction or actions.
Dial (503) 427-9033 to talk to a Salem dog bite lawyer about what happened.
Dog Owner Negligence
Dog owners have a responsibility to ensure that their pets do not pose a threat to others. Negligence on the part of a dog owner can lead to a dog attack and cause serious harm to innocent victims.
Common examples of dog owner negligence include:
- Failing to properly leash or restrain a dog.
- Failing to provide adequate training.
- Allowing a dog with a known history of aggression to interact with others.
- Failing to warn others about the potential danger posed by an aggressive dog.
When a dog owner's negligence leads to an attack, they can be held liable for any damages suffered by the victim. A skilled Salem dog bite attorney from our firm can help you understand your legal rights and options if you have been injured by an aggressive or uncontrolled dog.
Serious Injuries Caused by Dog Bites
Dog bites can result in a range of injuries, from minor scratches and bruises to severe wounds that require extensive medical treatment.
Some of the most common injuries caused by serious dog bites include:
- Lacerations: Deep cuts or tears in the skin can be caused by a dog's teeth and claws, resulting in significant bleeding and scarring.
- Infections: Dog bites can introduce harmful bacteria into the body, leading to infections such as tetanus, rabies, and cellulitis.
- Nerve damage: If a dog bites down on nerves in the hand or arm, it can cause permanent damage and loss of sensation.
- Broken bones: The force of a dog bite can break bones in the hands, arms, legs, or face, requiring surgery and extended recovery time.
- Emotional trauma: Victims of serious dog attacks may experience long-lasting emotional trauma such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and a permanent fear of all dogs.
It is important to seek prompt medical attention if you have been bitten by a dog to prevent infection and ensure proper treatment for any injuries. Getting medical attention will not only help make sure that your injuries are treated correctly, but it will also create a medical record of the injuries and their cause.
Will the Dog Be Destroyed?
Oregon law does not require that a dog be destroyed or put down after it bites someone. However, this option is possible if the dog has signs of rabies or a history of aggression, or if the recent attack was severe. As someone who has been bitten and seriously injured by a dog, you should worry about your well-being first, and let the dog owner deal with the local public health authorities about how to take care of their dog.
Contact Us Now to Schedule a Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured in a dog attack, our experienced Salem, Oregon dog bite attorneys want to help. We are dedicated to helping victims of serious dog bites recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. We can fight tirelessly to hold negligent dog owners accountable and ensure that you receive a fair settlement or award.
Learn more about how we can help with a dog bite claim by contacting us today.