How to request a restraining order in the event of domestic violence

If you are a victim of domestic violence in Oregon, what you need to file is a request for a FAPA restraining order, which is a family abuse prevention act restraining order. You go to the courthouse and you ask for this request. You have to show that abuse or threat of abuse occurred within the last 180 days. And then a Sheriff or a process server will serve the abusing party. And at that point, if the judge has ordered that the restraining order is in place, then it will be intact at that point, and the respondent or the other party will have to and request a hearing on the restraining order, but it will be in effect at that time.