What Community Property Is & How It Impacts Family Law and Bankruptcy Cases
Join us as we sit down with Pacific Cascade Legal attorney, Michael Reid, to talk about how community property plays a role in family law and bankruptcy cases. In this interview, Michael answers the following:
• What Does It Mean That Washington Is a Community Property State?
• What Is Community & Separate Property, and How Do They Differ?
• Can Separate Property Ever Become Community Property?
• Can Our Property Be Community Property If We’re Not Married?
• How Are Community and Separate Property and Debts Divided in A Divorce?
• Will The Court Just Split Our Community Property 50/50?
• Do I Get All of My Separate Property Back After a Divorce?
• When Is Community Property Given to The Other Spouse in a Divorce Or Bankruptcy?
• What Happens If My Spouse Files a Bankruptcy in Washington?
• Does a Prenup Overrule Community Property Laws?
• What Happens When an Ex-Spouse Does Not Pay the Community Property Debts?
• How Do Community Property Laws Affect Filing for A Bankruptcy?