Bend Truck Accident Attorneys
Helping Injured Truck Drivers & Passengers in Oregon
If you were injured in a truck accident, you know how devastating the consequences can be. You may be dealing with a wide range of injuries, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, whiplash, broken bones, or other maladies. Furthermore, you could struggle with the financial consequences of lost wages, medical expenses, and other related expenses.
At Pacific Cascade Legal – Bend, we believe that you shouldn't be punished for another person's negligence. Our Bend lawyers can hold responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- Defective tires
- Drowsy driving
- Vehicle defects
- Reckless driving
- Driver negligence
- Driver inattention
- Aggressive driving
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Exhausted, overworked truckers
- Exhausted truckers working beyond the legal maximum of hours
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident?
Liability depends on the cause of the accident. For example, if a truck driver was negligent and caused the accident, they may be liable for the accident. However, other parties could be responsible, such as the trucker’s employer, a loading station, and so on.
Of course, a trucker could also be the victim, and another driver could be held responsible.
Our team can investigate truck accident claims and hold negligent parties accountable. Our team leaves no stone unturned. We can look into a driver’s history and a trucking employer’s business patterns. Our experienced lawyers can also check physical evidence, such as skid marks or the condition of each vehicle. We want to make sure we find the cause of your injuries and get you the financial help you need.
What Should I Do if I'm Injured in a Truck Accident Due to Another's Negligence in Bend, OR?
Being in a truck accident can be a traumatic and life-changing experience. It's even worse when the accident was caused by another person or entity's negligence. In these situations, it's important to know what to do next to protect yourself and ensure you receive the proper treatment and compensation for your injuries. Below, we'll go over the steps you should take if you're injured in a truck accident due to someone else's negligence:
- Seek Medical Attention – The first and most important step after a truck accident is to seek medical attention. Even if you don't feel like your injuries are severe, it's important to get checked out by a doctor, as some injuries may not be immediately apparent. Getting a medical evaluation will also provide you with a record of your injuries, which can be useful if you decide to pursue legal action.
- Document Everything – In addition to seeking medical attention, it's important to document everything related to the accident and your injuries. This includes taking photos of the accident scene, getting contact information for any witnesses, and keeping track of any medical bills or expenses related to your injuries. This documentation can be useful if you decide to pursue legal action and can help to strengthen your case.
- Contact an Attorney – If you're injured in a truck accident due to someone else's negligence, it's important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney can help to protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. They can also provide guidance and support throughout the legal process and help to negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Evaluate Your Options – After consulting with an attorney, it's important to evaluate your options and decide how to proceed. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit or negotiate a settlement with the responsible party or their insurance company. Your attorney can help you understand the best course of action based on your specific situation.
- Focus on Your Recovery – Finally, it's important to focus on your recovery after a truck accident. This can be a long and difficult process, both physically and emotionally. Seek out medical treatment and support from friends and family to help you through this difficult time. By taking care of yourself and focusing on your recovery, you can ensure that you're in the best possible position to move on from the accident and achieve a favorable outcome in any legal proceedings.
Being injured in a truck accident due to someone else's negligence can be a confusing and overwhelming experience, but by following these steps, you can protect yourself and ensure that you receive the proper treatment and compensation for your injuries. Remember to seek medical attention, document everything, contact an attorney, evaluate your options, and focus on your recovery. With the right support and guidance, you can move on from the accident and begin to rebuild your life.
Recovering Compensation After a Truck Accident
We can help you recover compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Future or potential lost wages
- Punitive damages, designed to punish grossly negligent parties
To meet with our truck accident lawyers in Bend, contact us online or give us a call at (541) 236-9655 right away.