Can you serve legal papers if you don’t know where your spouse is?

Can you serve legal papers if you don't know where your spouse is? Service a process in Oregon. Typically, we look first towards personal service. So if we can find the individual first, that's the direction we want to go. If we can't find them, and after a diligent search, we can can file an affidavit of non service, which basically means we tried hey, court, we did our best. We couldn't get this done. And then we would ask the court for some manner of alternative service. That may be email, that may be Facebook, that may be faxing, that may be personal delivery to a home where we know that's they reside or say first class mailing, return receipt requested. Those are all permissive ways to serve people after personal service has failed.