Oregon City Personal Injury Attorneys
Call Our Firm After a Serious Accident
Filing a personal injury claim might be your only option to recover full compensation after being in an accident that was not your fault. Unfortunately, the path to compensation will not likely be an easy one. The liable party and the insurance company that represents them will stand against you because it is their money on the line, too.
In Oregon City, Pacific Cascade Legal is always ready to jump into action and help uphold the rights of the wrongfully injured. When your recovery could depend on the outcome of a claim, you should only leave it in the hands of a team as talented, experienced, and resourceful as ours. With numerous attorneys on our team backed by Super Lawyers® selections and 10.0 Superb Avvo Ratings, we are a local favorite for many reasons. Discover the difference that we can make to your pursuit of justice and compensation after an accident today.
Call (503) 212-9014 now. Free consultations are available.
Different Case Types, Just One Law Firm
Thanks to our extensive experience and varied professional backgrounds, Pacific Cascade Legal is poised to handle virtually any personal injury claim that you have. Whether we have to file against an individual insurance policy or challenge multiple corporate defendants, we are ready for whatever comes our way.
You can bring these case types and more to Pacific Cascade Legal in Oregon City:
- Car accidents: Our firm has extensive experience going head-to-head with auto insurance companies that can make filing a car accident claim so frustrating.
- Truck accidents: The value of a truck accident claim can be significant if it caused catastrophic injuries. Let us fight for the full value for you.
- Motorcycle accidents: Injured motorcyclists know they can count on our team for strong legal counsel. We are proud to stand up for the riders in our communities.
- Bus accidents: We can bring injury claims against bus companies after public, school, private, tour, and charter bus accidents.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists can suffer life-changing injuries in a wreck. Allow our attorneys to work on your claim, so you can focus on rest as much as possible.
- Pedestrian accidents: Our team knows how to carefully investigate a pedestrian accident to prove that you did nothing wrong and that the driver should be fully liable for your injuries.
- Construction accidents: Pacific Cascade Legal handles construction accident claims for workers who were hurt by negligent third parties like subcontractors working for a different company.
- Medical malpractice: If a medical practitioner hurt you instead of helping you, medical malpractice might have happened, which could justify a legal claim.
- Premises liability: Hurt on someone else’s property due to a defect or hazard that shouldn’t have been there? Talk to us about starting a premises liability claim.
- Slip and fall accidents: A slip or trip and fall accident is the most common type of premises liability case. We have ample experience with these claims and lawsuits.
- Dog bites: You can hold a dog owner liable for an attack due to Oregon’s dog bite law, which does not include “one-bite” liability forgiveness.
Modified Comparative Negligence Rules in Oregon
Oregon uses modified comparative negligence rules when considering liability and damages in a personal injury claim. Under this rule, you cannot make a recovery against a defendant if your liability for the accident meets or exceeds 51%. If it is decided that your liability is at least 51%, then your case will effectively end.
Also, under the modified comparative negligence rule, the amount of compensation that you can recover will be reduced by a percentage equal to your liability. Imagine that you are 10% liable for a car accident that caused you to suffer $100,000 in damages. Typically, your compensation would be capped at $90,000 or $100,000 minus 10%. However, our firm knows how to argue for the most compensation possible for each client, which sometimes exceeds what an insurance company might have told you was the maximum.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
At the root of every personal injury case is damage or loss. The point of your claim is to get compensation for the damages, losses, and harm that you have endured because of the negligence or intentional wrongdoing of the defendant. Just how much that total compensation amount looks like will depend entirely on the details of your case.
When working on a client’s injury claim, we check for related insurance policies that could apply. By doing so, we can sometimes uncover a second or third policy to file against. This step is particularly useful if the damages exceed one policy’s limits. The goal is to always get each client every dollar they are owed.
Damages that can add to the value of a personal injury case include:
- Medical costs: The total value of medical care needed to treat your injuries, including treatments far in the future, should be covered entirely by the defendant.
- Lost wages: If you lost income because you couldn’t work, then the value of those missing paychecks should be included in your damages. The value of future income you will never earn due to a permanent disability can also increase a claim’s value.
- Pain and suffering: Oregon allows you to be compensated for intangible losses like pain, suffering, and the lessened enjoyment of life. We can decide on a fair amount of non-economic damage based on your case.
- Punitive damages: In rare situations, a court might approve of punitive damages, which are paid to the plaintiff as an additional way to punish the defendant for egregious wrongdoing or negligence.
Oregon Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
In Oregon, there is a strict two-year statute of limitations on most personal injury cases. It begins on the date of the accident, or when the injury becomes reasonably obvious or diagnosed. You can file a claim against a defendant in pursuit of compensation during that two-year window. Once the statute of limitations ends, the court will not accept a claim, even if you are prepared with a long list of practical evidence that shows how the defendant caused your losses.
Do not assume that you have plenty of time to start a claim. After an accident and while recovering from a serious injury, days, weeks, and months can pass surprisingly quickly. Call (503) 212-9014 today to learn how to get a case started before the statute of limitations expires.
Call Today & Arrange a Free Consultation
Our Oregon City personal injury lawyers are always thinking of ways to make our clients’ lives easier. To begin, we offer free initial consultations for potential personal injury clients, so you can learn more about your options without reaching for your wallet first. We also use contingency fees for personal injury cases, which means we do not get paid attorney fees in those cases unless we end them in the client’s favor. This system allows you to pursue compensation to the fullest without risking your own finances.
For more information about filing a personal injury claim in Oregon City, please call (503) 212-9014 now.