Oregon City Family Law Attorneys
Divorce Lawyers in Oregon City, Oregon
Family-related legal conflicts are stressful, to say the least. You need to find a fair resolution to the situation, but that could mean that someone close to you feels like they “lost” the case. Our Oregon City family lawyers from Pacific Cascade are here to help you resolve a family law conflict with as little stress as possible while also respecting your best interests. We are ready to be your legal guides and representatives during a divorce, custody battle, or any other such situation.
Discuss how to best handle your divorce or family law case by dialing (503) 212-9014 now.
Ready to Help with Any Family Law Case
The practice of family law encompasses all sorts of legal matters that directly involve family and household members. To make things simpler for our clients, our team has worked diligently to become well-versed in virtually every family law case type. If your family or household is in a legal conflict, then you know that you can depend on us to be there for you.
Let us support you during a case that involves:
- Child custody
- Parenting time/visitation
- Child support
- Spousal support
- High-asset divorce
- Military divorce
- Restraining orders
- Enforcement of orders
- Property division
- Post/prenuptial agreements
- QDRO cases
- Stepparent adoptions
- And much more
Getting Through a Divorce
When we work with a client who is going through a divorce, we insist that they understand how divorce can ultimately be a positive experience. Ending a marriage that is not a happy one will allow you to start down the path to a brighter future. Divorce does not need to completely splinter your family and create animosity, either. Let us guide you through a divorce, so you can feel confident as it progresses and concludes.
Five steps in a basic Oregon divorce include:
- Hiring our divorce lawyers: Before your divorce proceeds too much, you should team up with our Oregon City divorce attorneys. We can help you with every step along the way, so there are no surprises as your case develops.
- Filing a divorce petition: After discussing what you want to happen in your divorce, we can create a divorce petition or petition for dissolution of marriage. We will file it in the right court for you and await your spouse’s response.
- Using temporary court orders: If you can’t wait for a judge to finalize your divorce before changing your living situation, then we can arrange for temporary court orders, which will take effect immediately and expire when the final divorce order is approved.
- Reaching a settlement: Oregon family law allows you to create a marital settlement agreement with your spouse to settle many different divorce matters. If this is not possible, then a divorce mediation can begin, which is used to resolve any outstanding conflicts without the need for trial.
- Going to trial: Of course, not all divorces end amicably or easily. If a settlement and mediation are not possible, then the last option is to take the case to a divorce trial. Our attorneys can represent you in the trial and act on your behalf.
Will Your Divorce Go to Trial?
Ideally, your divorce will not go to trial, but it can’t always be prevented. Some spouses refuse to cooperate during mediation, or some matters are just too important to concede. As your divorce attorneys, we will work tirelessly to ensure that your case reaches the best possible outcome, which might mean avoiding trial or preparing for it.
Your case might be less likely to go to trial if:
- You and your spouse can work together peacefully.
- You and your spouse can agree on the most important items of the divorce petition.
- Your marriage only lasted a few months or a couple of years.
Your case might be more likely to go to trial if:
- Your spouse has narcissistic or abusive tendencies.
- Your spouse has hired an attorney for representation.
- Your marital property has a high total value.
- You can’t decide the best way to share parenting time.
Best Ways to Prepare for a Family Law Case
A family law conflict is always simpler with some preparation. Our Oregon City family law attorneys and divorce lawyers would be happy to get you prepared for any case, big or small, straightforward or complex.
Quick tips to help prepare for a family law dispute are:
- Safely store your financial records: We often recommend that our clients get copies of important financial records and store them in a separate post office (PO) box. You can use this box to also store copies of any other sensitive documents that could become important in your case.
- Make a financial backup: When a family law conflict escalates or during a divorce, you might have less access to finances than you normally do. You might even be advised not to spend anything at all from a joint account while the case is pending. To give yourself some financial footing, consider opening a separate checking or savings account. Separate credit cards can also be helpful if you have a good credit score.
- Catalog important separate property: If your case could involve your property, like property division in a divorce, you should take the time now to catalog your important separate property. For example, if you owned your vehicle before you got married, get copies of the title, so you can easily prove that it shouldn’t be considered marital property.
- Act well on social media: A favorite tactic during a family law dispute is to scroll through the other party’s social media for any posts that could be disparaging to their arguments. You should switch to your best behavior on social media, or just not use it at all while the case develops.
Call for Help During This Difficult Time
A family law or divorce case can put you in an uneasy and stressful situation. Figuring out legal requirements and processes will only make things worse. To get through this difficult time, trust the Oregon City family law attorneys of Pacific Cascade Legal. Make us your support system and legal guides today!
Contact us onlineor dial (503) 212-9014 to speak with our law firm about your case.